And this got me wondering. What has our cat been thinking over the last few years? So I came up with my own ‘cat chit-chat’ based on my cat’s behaviour.
Our cat is called Tootsie.
2 and a half years ago.
- A stroll up to a Moses basket, balancing on hind legs to reach up to sniff, AND then stopping dead = ‘This is not the basket load of tuna I asked for!’
- The immediate leap backwards at the sound of two babies crying followed by an upward glare = ‘MUST this be in surround sound?’
18 months ago.
- A gallop away from one crawling baby only to gallop, head on, into another, followed by a consequential leap into the air = ‘You have GOT to do something!’
- A calm and silent cat, in the middle of the night, sitting in between two cots containing two screaming babies = ‘Have you tried the cat flap? I think they would fit.’
1 year ago.
- A loud meow and angry wave of the tail, escaping the clutch of a small hand = ‘She tried to pull it off, yesterday!’
6 months ago.
- A slow survey of the room whilst sitting on a high windowsill = ‘Ha! The buggers can’t get me up here!’
- A jolt back followed by an attempt to climb the window, away from two pairs of small hands = ‘Cats, ONLY, up here! CATS ONLY!’
- A triple set of short meows as two small hands pour the IAMS into the bowl = ‘I like this small waitress! Hey! Iams are not waterproof!’
- A cross eyed look as a cat peers over the kitchen table = ‘I’d sell my soul for a bite of that ham, right now.’
- Head rub on a toddler’s knee whilst purring loudly = ‘that bit of ham makes you my bff!’